PHILANTHROPY is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights.
1. To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
2. To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
3. To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
4. To be assured their gifts will be utilized to further the Niagara County SPCA’s mission.
5. To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
6. To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by the law.
7. To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
8. To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
9. To be assured that their name and address will not be sold to any other organization or entity.
10. To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
We are deeply grateful to you, our supporters. We know there are many potential recipients for your generosity, and we appreciate your choosing us. Because we value your compassion, we want you to know we treat all contributions with respect and care. Please read know we will abide by each and every one of these guidelines!